Over 1900 Veteran & Classic vehicles from over 110 clubs on display and on parade at Sydney Motorsport Park Eastern Creek, including cars, motorbikes, scooters and military vehicles, police vehicles, ambulances & fire engines. AND it’s on rain, hail or shine. There’s also plenty to see and do indoors! Double-decker bus rides around the track (gold coin donation for the Bus Museum) Trade displays in Pit Garages all day with books, models & all sorts of memorabilia available for sale at the CMC Markets, plus live music with the Jazz Professionals Roving Trio. Don’t forget, this is … [Read More...] about Event Details
Over 1900 Veteran & Classic vehicles from over 150 clubs on display and on parade
CMC Shannons Sydney Classic
MAY 2020: The Committee of the CMC has had to decide to cancel the Shannons Sydney Classic event for 2020.
We have tried all avenues including looking for available dates later this year, but all came to nought.
Even when the so called NSW Stage 3 relaxation comes in around September, the current consensus is a maximum of 100 people gathering. That is about 4,900 short of the crowd we had there in 2019!
And with close to 2,000 vehicles being driven to the SMSP that is a crowd of at least 2,000 alone. Even if we specified “driver only” rules. This would not be a popular idea with our family-orientated membership, let alone the 50 garages full of trade and club displays.
It is very sad; this is the first cancellation in the 56 year history of the event. It all started at Warwick Farm in 1964 when the five clubs which started the CVV&TMC back then got together for a car show at that famous horse and car racing track, and we now have our 200th club applying so it has grown considerably since then.
From our annual returns the count of individuals in those clubs numbers over 32,900!
We hope that we can continue our long association with Shannons when 2021 rolls around and we can all get out from under this COVID Cloud.
Terry Thompson OAM
Chairman – ACMC NSW Ltd
President – Council of Motor Clubs Inc
VIDEO: 2018 CMC Shannons Sydney Classic
Helpful links and details
- 2019 Club application form click here>>>
- 2019 Merchandise – FULL
- Concours Applications Entries are invited. Entry form here…
- Here you will find the Criteria for Anniversaries more details here…
- 2019 Anniversaries TBA clubs are invited to submit details.
- Prizewinners in 2019 Prostate Cancer Raffle (will be listed below after the draw)
- Layout map for areas A B & C (a link will be here when published)
- Layout map for area D & E (a link will be here when published)
- Track Tours Scheduled Times for 2018 (a link will be here when published)
- Track Tours by Club (a link will be here when published)
- Full registered, HVS and CVS vehicles and Motorcycles are all encouraged to enter the Concours.
- PDF version of below Track Rules. Download and distribute to your members. click here>>>
- For Raffle details go to our dedicated page HERE…
CMC Trade Stalls and CMC Markets
The CMC Trade Stalls and CMC Markets are a fabulous collection of car and non-car merchandisers, taking up every one of Sydney Motorsport Park’s 50 double garages in the main pit building with thousands of wares, specials and collectables! There is something for everyone – and the markets run on the Saturday during the Morgan Supersprint (FREE ENTRY), as well as the CMC Shannons Sydney Classic day.